Subject: [Leica] developers for BW negs to scan
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Jun 21 20:16:27 2006

Just shoot and develop as you normally would. You might find that you
want thinner negatives for scanning, but that can be accomplished with
any film/dev combination.

I do as you describe: film capture, scan, inkjet prints.

I can't think of any particular combination that is inherently better
than another. I do tend to stick to the readily available stuff.

Don't worry about "Xtol failures." They are in the vast majority of
cases, "operator failures". But you don't have Xtol anyway.

ID11 will do fine, of course. I too found Delta 400 to be grainier
than what I expected (and I'm not particularly sensitive to grain).
You didn't mention Ilford's DD-X (liquid). It might work with Delta
better than ID11. I don't know. I gave up on Delta. Another Ilford
developer is their HC-110 eqivalent (LC29 or something like that).
Also nice, but ID11 is still a good bet.

The diluted options being better for scanning? I never thought of it that
way.

But as I started ... just shoot and develop as you always do. It's
working out your own routines and habits that counts.

Daniel