Subject: [Leica] Re:Panasonic releases the Lumix DMC-L1
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Jun 21 16:52:08 2006

Oh, no, a misspelling; I guess I'll have to take the test over again. ;-)

As to my making judgments without "using the hardware" - I've been using the
viewfinder assembly, the better version of the live-view lcd, and the
dust-removal feature since before Panasonik even announced the camera. And
based on the viewfinder - which, not to pull any punches, sucks - and the
fact that the camera lacks the useful form of the live-view lcd, What else
has it got - film like controls? Well, that's a really cute selling point,
but I'd say having some form of functional viewfinder - be it traditional or
lcd - is infinitely more important than how one controls shutter speed and f
stop.

All of which is to say, I'd wager I know far more about this particular
Panosoniq camera than you do, and I haven't even seen it, much less handled
it. ;-)