Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 23 Demolition in the neighborhood
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Jun 20 17:56:54 2006

Adam,
To me, there is something offensive about not building something very well
designed and well built.  Properly designed even a small home can be
expanded as needed.  If you look at a Georgian design, the wings on either
side are additions as fortunes improved.  I have a picture of the old
homestead first erected in Connecticut circa 1710 that was added on and
improved to at least 1870. Possibly is still stands in some form.

What a waste to throw up some cracker box that looks pretty but will be
obsolete in twenty years and torn down in thirty.  I need to get off my soap
box as this is one of those things that drives me crazy.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com