Subject: [Leica] Dutch tilt - new photos
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jun 20 13:18:33 2006

To answer your questions about the T shots, Arche, yes - but my axing and
yours are two different things; I've had a former Magnum editor go through
the, and the curator of a major photo collection - but more about that
later. And that's gotten them to where they are. ;-)

I would never, by the way, suggest that someone post to elicit criticism and
then decide what should be kept and what should be discarded. All that's
doing is seeing what those who pass by happen to like, and we know that
those who pass by consider Kincade a great painter, and that woman who turns
babies into vegetables perhaps the world's greatest photographer.

Note that Winnogrand didn't put those negatives on public display and ask
which ones people thought should be printed - he simply gave himself some
distance. I'd suggest that the only people whose judgment matters in terms
of selection are the artist, and that handful of people whose judgment the
artist trusts.

B. D.