Subject: Subject: Re: [Leica] New M mount Sonnar 1.5 50mm (hoax?)
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Jun 16 18:16:44 2006

Hi Dan, I posted the original link. I wouldn't attempt to post some sort of
hoax. That would make me look pretty silly as a newer member of the LUG,
wouldn't it? I'm guessing from Don's response that you have seen the pdf by
now?
I think the issue was that I linked to what was a banner on the top of the
page. Sorry if that was sloppy.

Like some other respondents, I think this is a very positive move by CZ.
Seems no question that it will have different characteristics to say, a
current Summicron. Quite different MTF graphs shown.
I don't think that's a bad thing. Nice to have another choice. Wasn't there
some discussion earlier regarding someone cornering the market on 50's?
Another type for them now!

Cheers
Hoppy

Message: 2