Subject: [Leica] Fuji Natura and Superia 1600--OT
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Thu Jun 15 12:32:35 2006

Bill Smith wrote:
> I've seen some rather high quality photos here taken w/ both films. My
> questions is how do they make that high speed w/o a noticeable grainy
> effect?
>
>   Why would one use something else since these run the full gamut of
> needs--or am I all wet?

Hi Bill,

I used some Fuji Natura a few weeks ago and indeed the grain is not very
apparent for a 1600 iso film.
Look here:
http://michielfokkema.no-ip.info/WerkweekRSC/index_3.htm
http://michielfokkema.no-ip.info/WerkweekRSC/index_9.htm
http://michielfokkema.no-ip.info/WerkweekRSC/index_10.htm

Nothing very artistic, just a registration but it shows the films merits.

Compared to a 400 or 100 iso film it is still noticable higher.
It is a good choice and very usuable if I really need the speed.
Otherwise I stick to slower films.
Also not al my camera's have a high shutterspeed. Outside in summer with
sun my M6 will have too much light with a 1600 iso film.

How they are made? I've no idea.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc) ([Leica] Fuji Natura and Superia 1600--OT)