Subject: [Leica] Fuji Natura and Superia 1600--OT
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Jun 14 05:10:40 2006

Bill,
You wouldn't want to use a 1600 speed film for everything, outdoors it would
be 1/1000 and F22 as long as the sun was up.  As to grain, the chemistry
mavens continue to work on film technology so I assume that someone came up
with a filtration algorithm for the bottom layers that does not lose as much
light as previous versions.  It is also possible that they associate the
dyes in multiple pockets for each large silver crystal so that the
appearance of grain is reduced.  The roll that Sonny generously loaned me
was not quite so capable of resolving fine detail as a much slower film, but
what else is new?

As to availability, many merchants are reluctant to stock an item of unknown
inventory turns and a short shelf life.  Of course the same could be said of
memory cards that lose value every second of their existance...

Don
don.dory@gmail.com