Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: michael.francis at gs.com (Francis, Michael)
Date: Thu Jun 15 10:59:37 2006

Don - I get what you are saying - but doesn't applying a mathematical
shift to the number come to essentially the same thing just in the
digital domain vs. the analogue? - the question is about the noise in
the low bits of the signal - it should be fairly easy to simulate with
an existing camera - under expose by a stop and 'push' the processing in
PS RAW. You won't see any effect at ISO100, but at 400 or 800 I'd hazard
a guess that it will be noticeable. Presumably the RD1 has the same
issue, so it would be interesting to see actual results. I guess we will
see when Leica start to show images.

Mike