Subject: [Leica] Pretentious?
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sun Jun 11 01:25:27 2006

I had never heard of Michael Jordan until a couple of
years ago to the horror of one of my US friends, I
don't think he is known outside the US. I still would
not recognise him if I saw him. I went to a couple of
baseball and American football matches when I had a
summer job in Milwaukee in 1970. Other than that, if I
liked these sports I would only be able to see them
whilst visiting the US or Japan as they don't seem to
be on tv or played anywhere else in the world. I am
not a fan of football either and despite his genuine
world fame I would not recognise Ronaldhinho either -
Beckham is unavoidable in England of course.
Frank