Subject: [Leica] Armed America
From: summicron at jam.rr.com (Frank F. Farmer)
Date: Thu Jun 8 21:11:03 2006

I disagree.  As an owner myself (I have an identical Para to the one
laying on the arm rest), I think Kyle's portraits are developing into a
series that can show the varying degrees of "Armed America."  Some
folks are of the "from my cold dead hands" camp.  They live for their
guns.  Night and day, every day.  Of course, there are others who are
closer to the I really hope I never have to use my gun, such that I
almost ignore that I own one.  It seems to me that Jim's portrait shows
that he is somewhere in the middle.  His smile shows his charming
nature and his physical detachment from the guns shows that he is not
of the gun-is-the-center-of-my-life crew.  Just my $.02.

Frank Farmer
Jackson, Miss.