Subject: [Leica] Armed America
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Jun 8 07:18:28 2006

Jim lost his vocal chords to cancer. He uses a vocal prosthetic called a
"servox" to talk now. When he first wanted to buy a gun nobody would
help him, because he sounded strange when he spoke. He felt like he had
some sort of communicable disease. I can say though, he's a charming guy
when you meet him. This was the fastest of all my portrait sessions, it
took about 15 minutes. Sometimes you just get it.

http://www.availabledark.com/~ratty/armedamerica/jim/jim3.jpg
<BLOCKED::http://www.availabledark.com/~ratty/armedamerica/jim/jim3.jpg>

_Jim and Nicky with his Taurus .38 snub nose special, Colt 380-Auto,
Pony Pocketlite and Sig Sauer P232 .380._

Jim: "When I was diagnosed with cancer I found myself and my family in
need of protection. I was too old to fight, too sick to run, and since
cancer took my vocal cords, I couldn't yell for help. I purchased my
first ever firearm."

Nicky's a teenager now and doesn't move around much. But, Jim tells me,
when he was younger he was one of those hyperactive dogs. A favorite
family game was to shout "Run Nicki, Run!" and the dog would wag it's
tail and run full tilt from one end of the house to the other, over and
over and over, all day long. Now Nicky's more of a lap dog, which seems
to suit Jim fine.

Feel free to brutalize me with harsh crits.

you have too many cameras and you don't take enough photos,

kc

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Armed America)
Reply from jsluss at hughes.net (John Sluss) ([Leica] Armed America)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Armed America)