Subject: [Leica] Neither football, nor volleyball - but futsal
From: mads.christensen at gmx.net (Mads Christensen)
Date: Thu Jun 8 09:48:19 2006

The FIFA World Cup (in football or soccer) is a big event every four year
that begins tomorrow in Germany.

In Malaysia and other SE Asian countries a much more popular national
pastime is futsal, which is a strange mix of football/soccer and volleyball.
I have uploaded some photos from the game that I watched last year up in the
mountains near Mount Kinabalu - the highest summit in Asia outside of the
Himalaya region. As you will understand, the local players are very very
skilful artists but the spectators are so used to this kind of performance
that some of them had time to pose for the visiting photographer ;-)

Players: http://gallery.leica-users.org/album429/2412_022 and onwards

Spectators: http://gallery.leica-users.org/album429/2412_024 and onwards

Thanks for looking,

Mads