Subject: [Leica] Old Leica lenses on digital Ms
From: mads.christensen at gmx.net (Mads Christensen)
Date: Wed Jun 7 23:34:02 2006

Larry,

I feel like commenting on Don's advice to you because I think you are aiming
in the wrong direction: You have to realise that you won't be able to use
Pen F lenses on any other camera unless you can live without focus at
infinity.

According to Stephen Gandy: "The FT is thinner than any other 35mm SLR. In
theory, you can use any other maker's lenses if you have the adapter.
Olympus made adapters for Nikon, Canon, Exakta, Pentax screw mount lenses.
All of these could focus to infinity... Lastly, also made was a Leica 39mm
adapter, but this was good for close-ups only."

And you will encounter exactly the same problem: Firstly I believe that you
will have a problem in finding 1-2 or more adapters to use Pen FT lenses on
any mount and secondly, once you may have found 'a solution', any such combo
with Pen F lenses will not give you focus at infinity on any SLR or DSLR's
including the OE-330.

You may wish to consult this link, which presents a DIY-solution for using
Nikon lenses on a Pen F camera. This is also a table with lens flange to
film distances for a wide range of camera makes:

 <http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/penadapter.html>
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/penadapter.html

Mads

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Old Leica lenses on digital Ms)