Subject: [Leica] Re: Enlarging with camera lenses
From: Harvey.Arche at jp2hs.org (Arche, Harvey)
Date: Thu Jun 8 05:56:09 2006

Frank wrote:
>B+W materials, quality, chemistry is getting better each and every day.
>New
>chemistry is being designed. The films we now have are
>the best ever.  Equipment that was at Pro labs is now available at
>startling
>low costs.  It is the best time for the B+W
>Photographer.  And the stuff never needs rebooting, SW Upgrades, O/S
>changes, or any other type of built in marketing
>obsolescence......   It is timeless.
>
>When will it go away?

I went into the biggest camera store in Nashvile last week to buy Xtol; I
had bought it there 3-4 months ago. They didn't have any, but could special
it order for me. They are not restocking any but the most basic B&W darkroom
supplies (Dektol, D-76, powdered fix).

Arche

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: Enlarging with camera lenses)