Subject: [Leica] Re: Enlarging with camera lenses
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Jun 7 20:22:23 2006

B+W materials, quality, chemistry is getting better each and every day.  New
chemistry is being designed. The films we now have are
the best ever.  Equipment that was at Pro labs is now available at startling
low costs.  It is the best time for the B+W
Photographer.  And the stuff never needs rebooting, SW Upgrades, O/S
changes, or any other type of built in marketing
obsolescence......   It is timeless.

When will it go away?  Probably after I am dead, at which point I could care
less......

If you are referring to the Computer comment......    I have had more
computers in the past 20 years than I have had cameras.  My
cameras all still operate to their spec, and are all state of the art.  ( It
is amazing that LF cameras have not improved
substantially in something like 150 years...)  They are all mechanical (
Except for my Nikon F4 which is electromechanical.)  I see
no difference in the future of my photography.  Wert darkrooms, film, and
obsolete cameras.  They do what I want.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

You're absolutely right Frank, but for how much longer?