Subject: [Leica] Pretentious?
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Mon Jun 5 13:47:29 2006

The ad -- Pretentious

The camera -- rather garish and probably pretentious (although he may
be right about it feeling better without the preview lever)

Ralph Gibson -- I don't know the man

Ralph Gibson's photos -- often fascinating and wondrous, I've enjoyed
them for 35 years

Ralph Gibson's commentary on art -- the usual bullshit you get when
artists are forced to talk to agents or ad writers (and occasionally
on this list for very little reason (pleading guilty here))

Payment for engraving name on camera and picking bad taste leather
cover -- they can put my name on one for giving me example #0/50.
I'll even make up some BS for Jason Schneider to pass along to the
common folk;^)

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies

Ralph Gibson