Subject: [Leica] RE: first PAW colour desaturation
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Jun 2 23:51:14 2006

Hi Hoppy,

I am certainly no expert on colour, but the advice from Tina and
Brandley is correct. If you convert to sRGB before posting to the web,
and the picture looks like you want it on your screen, then you have a
reasonable chance that it will look equally good on other people's
screens--of course, allowing for different monitors, calibration etc.
But sRGB is a common standard and so a safe choice.

If you leave your image in any other colour space, then the viewer's
computer will have to convert it to sRGB for display, and then you
introduce a bunch of additional variables into the process, like what
kind of colour management software s/he has etc.

Nathan