Subject: [Leica] RE: first PAW colour desaturation
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Jun 5 05:06:53 2006

At 06:48 PM 6/2/2006, you wrote:
>Hi Bradley and Tina
>I have a request regarding your suggestion, Tina.
>
>Would you expand on the rationale of your suggestion to convert to sRGB
>colour space before conversion to jpg?
>
>Hoppy

My advice is just based on my experience, Hoppy.  I was having
trouble with color balance on photos I posted on pbase and someone on
the this most helpful of lists suggested that maybe I was assigning
the color profile instead of actually converting it.  I started
converting to sRGB and haven't had any problems since then.  If you
are into reading big, heavy books on Photoshop, Real World Color
Management has a good section on assigning and embedding profiles and
when to convert.  And if you really want to get confused, you can
also read Dan Margulis' book on Color Management for
Photographers.  ;-)   The two books give almost opposite advice so
you just have to try and see what works for you.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com