Subject: [Leica] OFF-TOPIC: Google mail (gmail)
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Jun 2 07:43:00 2006

> Didier is right. I manage a business ISP, and we use SORBS for spam
> filtering

That is, in my opinion, a terribly wrong thing to do. SORBS is a vindictive
vigilante organization that is run by one mentally unstable individual. It
is very easy for an address (such as gmail) to be put incorrectly into
SORBS, and then all over the world people stop being able to get their email.

I always recommend to people when they are having trouble with their mail
delivery that they find an ISP that does not use vigilante services such as
SORBS. And if I ever meet the person who runs SORBS I will probably punch
him in the face. Or maybe just spit. He has fooled so very many people into
thinking that SORBS is valuable, when in truth it is a scourge worse than
the spam it tries to block.

Brian

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OFF-TOPIC: Google mail (gmail))
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] OFF-TOPIC: Google mail (gmail))