Subject: [Leica] PAWeek 21 and 22
From: jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed May 31 20:14:46 2006

Doug,
YMMV.You make a living doing this. I dont. You are also on the ground.
In Indian wildlife reserves, at least, it is prohibited to step down
from your vehicle/elephant. And I dont think that the Nikon D70 or F100
with the 80-400 VR is particularly heavy or uncomfortable to hold. Of
course, this is a consumer lens, and you lose the advantage of large
apertures. but I think its a great via media. Incidently, I have seen
many professional wildlife photographers at work in the Indian reserves,
and they use a similar zoom - either Nikkor 80-400VR or Canon 100-400IS.
And they always have a small sensor digital camera - no full frame for them.
Cheers
Jayanand