Subject: [Leica] scanning old Kodachromes
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun May 28 07:27:55 2006

Steve,
I believe that the dyes used in Kodachrome are not especially heat
sensitive.  Light energy will fade them if sufficiently exposed.  When
Kodachrome dyes were chosen, air conditioning was a rare treat.

Yes, I will enjoy a nice Sunday afternoon trying to knock down the jungle
growing in my yard.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com