Subject: [Leica] Lens Quality in the Digital Age
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat May 27 08:10:37 2006

At 10:42 PM 5/26/2006, you wrote:
>Moreover, no inkjet system (and I suspect no lightjet system, about
>this I am unsure) has the resolution of silver-gelatin or even color
>printing paper. You look with a 20x magnifier and you see the dots.
>Nothing wrong with this, except if you are curious about some detail
>twenty years from now and have only the print.
>
>Have I missed the revolution?
>
>MK

You haven't seen good inkjet prints ;-)  But then again I don't
usually look at my prints with a 20x loupe. I hold them at arm's
length or stand across the room and look at the content not the ink dots.

I totally disagree about the quality of digital.  Digital surpasses
almost all film.  And I'm using the same lenses with digital that I
did with film.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com