Subject: [Leica] For History Buff's, An OT Subject We've Never Discussed
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat May 27 02:55:56 2006

The Germans still seem to think that the arrival of the Prussian troops
(albeit rather late) tipped the balance against Napoleon -  well, they
would, wouldn't they.
There are still quite a few buildings still standing in Hannover which
hark back to the history of Imperial Germany, one of which is the
surviving staircase of the Cumberland Gallery (at the back of what was,
after WWII, the so called Amerika Haus -  spreading US culture to the
vanquished).
Cheers
Douglas