Subject: [Leica] Lens Quality in the Digital Age
From: leica at cinemaminima.com (Austin Burbridge)
Date: Fri May 26 20:59:30 2006

Martin, you are right.

Convenience of modification and distribution is what drives digital
-- not the primacy of the image.

The digital image is still in the "dancing bear" stage: "It is not
that the bear dances so well, but that it does it at all."

When I think about all the electronic technology that is needed to
emulate the quality of one thin 24mm x 36mm frame of acetate, silver,
and gelatin ... well, I can only shake my head in wonder. Especially
since film has never been so good.

I have made my living in the digital domain for twenty years, but I
still believe in appropriate technology -- the right tool for the job!

Regards,

A U S T I N ,

Austin Burbridge,
EXPOSE for Shadows/Develop for HIGHLIGHTS http://cinemaminima.com/leica