Subject: [Leica] Author's permission
From: roy at detroitphotographic.com (Roy Feldman)
Date: Mon May 22 11:06:33 2006

<As a photographer how would you feel if someone 'borrowed' a photo or
two of yours to use without permission?>

That's why I'm asking the question. I always ask permission before I
use material. When I use music I either get permission or pay for it.
For my proposed project I plan I doing the same. That being said, I
realize there are some legal exemptions that are covered under "fair
use".
With music I have gotten permission for several projects by asking
nicely and providing ample credit. My question was "does any one here
have experence"; not, I planning on ripping someone off, what do you
guy's think.
By the way, I have granted the use of my photos to many organizations
(for free) if asked nicely.

--
Roy Feldman