Subject: [Leica] Dumb Rodinal Question
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat May 20 21:51:19 2006

I put up some more of Fomapan and Calbe R09 (the "other" Rodinal):

http://dlridings.se/blog/?p=31

I shot a roll of Tri-X and processed in it yesterday. My immediate
impression is that the grain is not bothersome. I thought it would be.

To tell the truth, I don't see a big difference between Rodinal 1:25
and D76. It kind of depends on your subject area. If you have large
expanses of midtone grey, then the grain kind of dominates a shot,
where the some grain would not in a textured shot.

So in 35mm, I really can't see much reason to use Rodinal at all
(except that it is nice with a liquid developer). It could be that the
effects it can create are diminished by modern emulsions. I don't know

Daniel