Subject: [Leica] photographing supreme court justices ....
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Fri May 19 09:15:43 2006

oh, it was an interesting assignment.

photograph three supreme court justices with exisiting lighting (set up
by a film crew) for packaging and pr materials. up at 5:00 a.m., down to
D.C. by 9:00, get into the room, meet with the film crew and people from
the Supreme Court's PR office. Find out that I won't have, as I'd
thought, an hour to get photographs, but instead I'll have _thirty
seconds_. Yes, 30 seconds. And not only that, it won't be 30 seconds for
photos, it will be the thirty seconds already plotted out for the
justices to get their microphones put on. So, about nine seconds per
justice once they sat down.

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/sdo.jpg
<http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/sdo.jpg>

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/kennedy.jpg
<http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/kennedy.jpg>

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/sb.jpg
<http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/sb.jpg>

then back to philadelphia. for this i'd packed two camera bodies, four
lenses, a quantum, and and sb80dx.

real photographers work too hard. bring on the goff models.

seriously.

kc

P.s. breyer is wearing a hermes tie.

Replies: Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] photographing supreme court justices ....)