Subject: [Leica] help me be a poseur
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Fri May 19 09:56:54 2006

for years i've used two camera bags, one is this giant thing by "coast"
which is sort of like a cardboard box with a strap. i can put an oven in
it. It is ugly and uncomfortable, i want to give it to an enemy. the
other is a "nikon" bag i got in the dollar bin at my local camera store.
it holds one body and maybe three lenses.

 the zipper broke on the "nikon" bag about a year ago, and it's only a
matter of time before my m6 falls out and smashes to the pavement, so
yesterday i got a domke FX1 the "little bit bigger" bag which will hold
2 bodies and an 80-200 2.8 and a bunch of other stuff like sodas,
condoms, wrenches, t.v. remotes, fresh fruit, the works. but the problem
is that this freaking bag makes me look like an amature. it's brand new
and i'm not going to spend the time breaking it in so that i can look
cool. so, i'm wondering, should i just start throwing it into the
washing machine over and over? maybe with a couple handfulls of rocks
until it gets the "worn denim" patina.

has anybody tried this? How many times do I need to wash it before those
guys in the photo pit stop pointing and laughing?

kc

Replies: Reply from denik at comcast.net (Dennis Kushner) ([Leica] help me be a poseur)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] help me be a poseur)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] help me be a poseur)