Subject: [Leica] Boston T and Bob Dylan
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri May 19 04:34:54 2006

40 years ago last summer...summer job as THE reporter/photographer for The
Weekly Packet, in Blue Hill, ME. Sent on my own up to the wilds of the
paper company woods near the Canadian border to shoot a raging forest fire
so bad fire companies were coming from as far away as N.J. Shot my butt off
with my Pentax, 50 1.8 and Schneider 135. Great stuff. Drive back to the
paper, smoked fit to be served up in Sonny's backyard, and the editor tells
me to soup everything fast as the Boston Globe wants to see everything I've
got, and AP is calling - I'm on my way to fame and fortune and I'm still in
High School. So I load all the Nikkor reels - a zillion to a tank, process
everything, and when I look at what I have I see I've made as much of a
mess of my own film as that tea boy named Burrows made of Capa's D-Day
stuff - roll after roll of stuck together, missloaded Tri-X.

And that's when I...switched to digital!
LOL!! (well, okay, that had to wait about 42 years - but the rest of the
pathetic story is every bit as true as Walt's. ;-) )
B. D.