Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 65
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue May 16 16:39:01 2006

On May 11, 2006, at 4:02 AM, Dan K, wrote:

> I have NiMH batteries that I would like to keep charged so that I can
> use them anytime. Problem is they seem to get memory effect and one
> fine day they conk out! We used to have the problem with NiCads and I
> thought that the NIMH should fare better.

NiMH batteries don't have a memory effect but they do lose about 1% per
day charge when stored at normal room temperature. If you keep a set of
fully charged batteries in your camera for a month, you will find that
they have only 2/3 of the charge left. Most camera manufacturers advise
charging the batteries immediately before use.

Larry Z