Subject: [Leica] Panic Show
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sun May 14 09:34:01 2006

Aaron--

Hope you can get down for it. Heck, hope I can. It's never too early
to get Orion programed for railfandom.

The older stuff is much more intimate. I had access then due to
working on small town paper--got to ride a few freights and hang out
in the freight yards.

Post 9-11, Southern doesn't want you LOOKING at track. I was recently
shooed off while taking pictures of a passenger car they parked on a
siding as part of a public relations program. They wish they were an
important enough part of our transportation system to be a target of
some sort.

BTW, Amtrak (at least in the Southeast) has found the perfect defense
against terrorist attack -- have a completely unpredictable schedule;^)

I still love trains, though.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies