Subject: [Leica] Panic Show
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu May 11 16:42:45 2006

I got a call in late February from the Arts Council in Little
Washington, North Carolina. The Civic Center there, a converted
Atlantic Coast Line freight station, was planning a celebration. It
is the 100th anniversary of its construction. The attached passenger
station is now the home of the Beaufort County Arts Council and the
Pamlico-Tar River Foundation.

Folks at the Arts Council remembered a show of train photos I did
there about 15 years ago. They called and asked if I could put
something together for the birthday party. I was able to dig up most
of the photos (~40 board mounted B&W 11X14s) from the original show.
I added 25 color photos (12X16) from the last 2-3 years, recycling
the framing from last year's Goose Creek State Park show in the same
location.

The show is hung.

May 19, the building gets it National Historic Building listing.
May 20, 10AM-2PM, there will be model trains, and music, and train
memorabilia, and the show. The photos will be on display until mid-June.

If you find yourself in that part of the world, have a peek. To make
sure they are open, call 252.975.9316 or 252.946.2504.

I'l try to build an Internet gallery.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Panic Show)