Subject: [Leica] B&W Conversion options
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Fri May 12 13:12:59 2006

I'm interested in it because it emulates the looks and grain of
various true films very easily (BW pro does not have this, there is a
vendor that is selling separate per filmtype plug-ins, but I find
those too expensive).
Ofcourse you can do this yourself with PS if you know the signature
of each film, but I just don't have that experience.
I only started really seriously with photography some 5 years ago
with a digital Sony, and then film was already dying. In the eriod
before that, I maybe had a bit of an eye, but mainly was just a
camera nut (and snob) who didn't know what he was doing. I had a
light meter and measured light, but didn't understand about light.
And I didn't know about differences in film either.
But I always liked looking at others' photographs, esp. those made
with older emulsions, and I always wondered how I could achieve such
a look myself.
So I started studying about light and it's measurement. Yes, all of
boring Ansell Adams. And I started reading about differences in film.
Call PS and Powerretouche speed learning tools. For learning about
older emulsions f.i. To learn when to choose for what film 'look' f.i.
It just are plain godgifts for me: I don't have the patience and
talent for all these manutensions in analog.
But I'd love to catch up with you guys :-)

Op 12-mei-06, om 21:35 heeft Walt Johnson het volgende geschreven: