Subject: [Leica] Some square stuff--not Leica, but at least film
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Thu May 11 00:13:54 2006

On 11/05/2006, at 5:46, Daniel Ridings wrote:

>> Are you shooting at 200 ISO? Luis (also using the square stuff)
>> recommends going to ISO 160 and prefers it at 100. Anybody else
>> have preferences for this film in 35?
>
> I really like it in 35mm. I like it so much that it has lured me away
> from using iso 400 films as my slowest films.
>
> I shoot it at 200 and get all the shadow detail I would every need.
> This is more or less a torture test for the film. It passes with
> flying colors.

My main goals reducing the ISO speed is not to increase the shadow
detail but gaining at highlights (well, at least at printing time).
Notice that I actually overexposed and underdeveloped to decrease the
contrast. Over here, outdoors, the contrast range goes easily to 5
stops or more. Northern skyes, with low clouds and filtered light
might suit perfectly ISO 200. As always, it depends. :)

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Some square stuff--not Leica, but at least film)
Message from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Some square stuff--not Leica, but at least film)