Subject: [Leica] What's the Best All-Around 50?
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed May 10 20:53:48 2006

On 5/11/06, Jeffery Smith <jsmith342@cox.net> wrote:
> Now, this  isn't a "What should I buy?" question because I have nearly all
> of them already.

Ahem ...
http://www.cameraquest.com/inventor.htm

scroll down to the 50/2.0 Heliar. You're going to need that one and you know
it.

> I have a pretty good idea of what most folks would say, but wondered if I
> am
> right. If the Department of Homeland Security dictated that a photographer
> could have only one lens, a 50 (so you couldn't take pictures of places you
> planned to attack), what would it be? Oh, and it has to be Leica.

Since it would be very difficult and time consuming to really take all
of the variables into consideration and give them correct answers ...
I'd get boring on you and opt out with ...

Summicron

You really can't go wrong with a Summicron. I'd never have to look
back and wonder if I made the right choice.

Daniel