Subject: [Leica] PAW 18 - I really should stick to my promises!!
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Mon May 8 12:20:00 2006

Hi Arche,

I find colour work more difficult, too, but what might help is:

a) to look for scenes with not that much color differences except for
1 subject in the picture (f.i. everything is bluish, one element yellow)
b) idem, without the 1 subject difference (call it 'toned', if you
want to)
c) truly eclectic colors of all kinds, mixed with out of focus zones.
Very often all the rest performs better in B&W, or in desaturated color.
But this ofcourse IMHO.

So, you can do color, just start with small doses :-)

Very helpful are books about the combining of colors. Lots of them
around but I used this one alot: Color Design Workbook : A Real-World
Guide to Using Color in Graphic Design by
Adams Morioka and Terry Stone

Good luck,
Philippe

Op 8-mei-06, om 15:35 heeft Arche, Harvey het volgende geschreven: