Subject: The state of PJ Today - was: BD's Re: [Leica] So for... -
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Sun May 7 18:37:03 2006

It is certainly commendable to want to change things in the world
because the world has many things needing change. Unfortunately, were we
to take one or two reality pills things might look a bit more....well,
real. How many individuals have changed the world in our lifetimes?
Mother Teresa, Adolph Hitler, Jonas Salk, Nixon, Ho Chi Minh, FDR,
Reagan, Martin Luther King, James Earl Ray, JFK, Lee Harvey Oswald...The
list is endless, but none there with a camera. You certainly have done
your share but the world hasn't changed. I don't think the attitude is
bad, but world changers better be ready for the big crash. That double
dose of reality pills which will  surely come. Give up, heck no! I
honestly believe it is enough to try but if we need an illusion to keep
us in the game it makes for sad awakenings.

Walt

p.s. On second thought, Ansel Adams certainly can be credited with doing
his share of changing the world.