Subject: [Leica] Friday night races, 4-28
From: Harvey.Arche at jp2hs.org (Arche, Harvey)
Date: Sat May 6 18:12:11 2006

Didn't I already send this? MS Outlook says no.

Don,
Many thanks for looking at them all, and for your kind comment.
Its my shooting technique. Basically, in these kinds of moving situtations,
I never shoot below 125th, even when I've max'd out my aperature. I figure
I'd lose the shot to motion blur, either my own or the subjects, but with a
thin neg I might get something usable. I take it you mean the shots in the
winner's circle, and the final inspection shot. The light range there had
bottomed out on me, at least as far as ISO 1600 was concerned.
Something that does annoy me is that my scanner doesn't scan thin negs to a
true black along one edge, and I have to do some burning and fancy curve
control to handle what looks like extreme noise.
Its always something.
Cheers,
Arche

Don wrote:
Good shooting, and a good story.  On a technical side it appears that some
of your negatives were a little thin.  How did you meter or do you think
that this was a processing problem(you used Xtol which doesn't like oxygen
and could have been weak)

Don