Subject: [Leica] Speaking of cars...
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue May 2 20:13:25 2006

> Out of curiosity, what tipped you to the Phaeton over the A8?  Just the
> way the sheer mass of it damps road vibrations better, subtleties of
> their different aesthetics, or something I'm not considering?

The equivalent of black tape. It's a really great car, on the same quality
level as a Mercedes or a BMW or a Lexus, but it says "Volkswagen" on the
back, and it doesn't turn heads. I didn't want a showy car, I wanted a good
car, and I felt that the Audi badging was showier. Plus I've had bad luck in
the past with aluminum cars. I intend to drive it more or less forever,
which probably means 20 years for a car of that quality.

Replies: Reply from ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] Speaking of cars...)
Message from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Speaking of cars...)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Speaking of cars...)
Message from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Speaking of cars...)