Subject: [Leica] HCB & 50mm
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue May 2 15:45:04 2006

I'm getting his 4 hours late, so you've probably already been inundated with
answers. Most of HCB's work appears to have been done with a normal lens.
I've seen a few photos of him shooting, and he appears to have just one
camera with a 50 on it and a small "bag" with him that was probably for
film. He certainly seemed to like to travel light. One person has told me
that he avoided wide angle lenses because of the distortion. And I believe
that I read that he occasionally used a tele for landscapes (distant
landscapes I guess).

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com