Subject: [Leica] PESO...a few new Leica shots posted
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon May 1 09:15:42 2006

Kenneth Frazier showed:

> Getting back to a somewhat more normal day-to-day after all the trips
> back home to Georgia, and I've made the time to work on photography
> again. I've posted a few recent shots for your review and comment:
> http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r<<<

G'day Padre,
You always present simple moment slices of life in clean B&W using existing
available light! Not only that they have a "natural light" Leica sharpness
look about them.

I particularly like the shot of the little boy holding up his toy. The focus
point is  right where it should be... on the toy and allowing the depth of
field to softly drop away from the main subject.

One "missive." ;-) Photo #3 lady in gallery. You didn't look at the right
side of the internal viewfinder and square away the camera vertically
allowing that side of the camera to create "eye catching crooked window
installation." ;-)

I see you've used B&W400CN and in this post you've encouraged me to have a
try at it again. Although I must find a far better lab for my processing as
the last couple of rolls it took me hours "cleaning the crud" on the film
before I could even contemplate making a print.:-(

My regular colour lab of 25 years closed not long ago due to the usual
"digital fall out" and lack of producing fine pro level prints. Obviously
far more pro's are making their own and the amateurs are doing the local
Wal-mart or drug store 1 hour print making. Sad state on one hand, but the
life of evolution in photography.

Well done, I also like the family picture because everyone is "listening
with their eyes" with all concentrating on whomever is speaking. Rather than
eyes all over the place.

Thanks for posting as it gives me some hope for a new run at the C41 B&W
films.

Besides given most of what I shoot these days is digital colour, converting
to B&W when necessary . When I do shoot a roll of B&W film and pay for the
processing "she who must be obeyed" questions the validity of "wasting money
for outside processing when you can do it in the computer!" ;-) Oh well
she'll never understand after all these many years. :-)

thanks again,
ted

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] PESO...a few new Leica shots posted)