Subject: [Leica] PESO...a few new Leica shots posted
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Mon May 1 10:16:19 2006

On May 1, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> One "missive." ;-) Photo #3 lady in gallery. You didn't look at the
> right side of the internal viewfinder and square away the camera
> vertically allowing that side of the camera to create "eye catching
> crooked window installation." ;-)

I've noticed that some times the right side frame line is dim, and I
think that's partly due to my eyeglasses and eye position.  Thanks
for pointing that out.  I'll work on it.

> I see you've used B&W400CN and in this post you've encouraged me to
> have a try at it again. Although I must find a far better lab for
> my processing as the last couple of rolls it took me hours
> "cleaning the crud" on the film before I could even contemplate
> making a print.:-(

I've had a problem recently with white spots all over the negs.  I
took a couple of rolls back to the shop (It's a real photo shop, with
real cameras and real film!).  They apologized and gave me film to
replace the bad stuff.  Evidently the solution in the processor was
contaminated.  At least, that's what they said.

> Well done, I also like the family picture because everyone is
> "listening with their eyes" with all concentrating on whomever is
> speaking. Rather than eyes all over the place.
>
> Thanks for posting as it gives me some hope for a new run at the
> C41 B&W films.

I'm getting ready to start using Tri-X more regularly, but I still
have a lot of the BW400CN in the fridge, and I still like the look
and feel of it.

> thanks again,
> ted

And, I thank you for the time you always take in your posts, for
myself and for others.  Your experience is invaluable, and I
appreciate it.

Peace,

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn