Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 17
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Apr 28 10:43:18 2006

Arthur Krick offered:
> Oh Ted; how very lucky you are !
>
> I'm in the UK and run on diesel which is a few pence per litre more than
> unleaded petrol.
> I am now paying around ?0.98 per litre.
> Do the conversion / calculation and tell me if you still feel hard done by
> and why!

 Hi Arthur,
No I don't feel hard done by paying what we do, it's the life and times of
today, only to get worse. :-( And as long as our Federal and Provincial
governments are collecting a total of 41% taxes at the pump per litre we are
going to continue to be screwed...

As I'm aware of the costs in other countries due to my assignments about the
planet over the years, quite frankly I always felt sorry for you folks in
the UK when I'd arrive home and realized how "cheap" our fuel was.

ted

Replies: Reply from gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 17)