Subject: [Leica] Re: Small cars
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Apr 27 16:09:47 2006

>>> There is more to this, but that "windfall profit" and "excess profit"
>>> stuff
> is just so much BS.  The oil companies are not hurting but they are not
> making in actuality anything on the nature of what we are being told.<<

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the information re-oil company profits and oil nations. I believe
we have an oil supply in Canada beyond many middle east oil counties. But
ours is locked into what they call  the "Tar Sands." In an area in the north
that is being worked as we speak at great recovery costs.

I believe the amount of oil locked in these sands is great than all the
middle east countries oil fields combined. It's the recovery that is the
biggest problem.

If a greater emphasis were put into finding a better and cheaper, (probably
not for long) fuel rather than gasoline the world would be a far better
place. Not likely to happen in our lifetime. :-(

Too bad politics always get's in the way of intelligence for the better of
human kind.

ted

Message from msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Re: Small cars)