Subject: [Leica] Known facts concerning Leica Cameras
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Apr 30 12:10:53 2006

Wonderful set of lessons, Roy.
___
Sent with SnapperMail
www.snappermail.com

...... Original Message .......
On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:30:45 -0400 "Roy Feldman"
<roy@detroitphotographic.com> wrote:
"After 25 years of being a professional photographer I feel the need to
"state some facts regarding cameras, Leica in particular. Please feel
"free to add to this list so as to help those with less experience.
"
"FACT: All cameras slither: a.) when placed in the middle of a table
"all cameras will eventually make their way to the edge. b.) all camera
"straps will dangle off the edge even if first placed in the middle.
"RESULT: anyone or animal within 10 meters of the camera will be lured
"to the camera and snag the camera strap sending it crashing  to the
"ground.
"RELATED: All cameras will jump off automobile seats no matter how
"gently you stop.
"
"FACT: The only safe place to store a lens cap is a front trouser
"pocket,in any other spot it will be consumed by strange forces.
"RESULT: A painstaking Internet search to find a used version, since a
"new one is one hour through rush hour away and forty dollars. After
"finding and charging it on line you are called by your Charge card
"company asking you if you bought 4 Plasma televisions for someone in
"the Ukraine?
"RELATED: After driving one hour through rush hour to buy a forty
"dollar cap upon returning your wife says: "Oh I found one of those the
"other day, is it important?
"
"FACT: Leica embeds a, occasionally visible, thumb print on the front
"of every viewfinder. No matter how careful you are when loading film,
"handling your camera and putting it in the bag this thumb print will
"appear squarely centered in the middle of your viewfinder.
"RELATED: It will disappear only briefly after cleaning.
"
"FACT: You are always ready if the next Pulitzer prize winning photo
"knocks at your door, your camera is loaded.
"RELATED:But with what? Nagging doubts (did I set the ISO?) causes you
"to rewind (oops...too far) and have to try and find the film puller
"thing (see lens story cap above).
"
"FACT: The battery cover on my M7 can be dislodged by a strong sneeze
"causing me to put tape on it to secure it.
"RELATED: The battery cover on my $7.00  Crest Spin Brush toothbrush
"needs Vise Grips and a degree in friction coefficients to dislodge.
"
"FACT: All camera bags are either too big or too small.
"
"--
"Roy Feldman
"