Subject: [Leica] 7-14 lens
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Sun Apr 30 06:57:19 2006

You may be right, but I think that you have also to take into
consideration what kind of user a site is expected to have. I think
your point is extremely valid for, say, an e-commerce site, where
every visitor should be converted into a buyer, or for a site living
its life from selling publicity space, and so every marketing rule
about immediate impact an user experience applies.

But for a site whose target is a more or less contemplative
experience, I think a reasonable loading time is completely
acceptable, maybe contributing to a mental slow-down to enter the
mood of the site.

I remember browsing primitive photography sites when under a 14.4
dial-up connection... that was a long and unenjoyable experience...

Best

Ed

El 30/04/2006, a las 00:53, David Keenan escribi?: