Subject: [Leica] Sebring '58 / Now '67
From: lists at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Sat Apr 29 07:34:56 2006

All GT40s had the steering wheel on the right, as indeed most two seat
racing cars do. In the case of the GT40 it might be because they were
made in England, but the main reason is that the vast majority of the
world's circuits run in a clockwise direction, so there are more right
hand corners than left handers, so if you're on the right hand side of
the car your visibility is better as you turn in.

I believe I'm right in saying that the gear stick is also on the right
- between the driver and the door, but I'm not entirely sure.

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
www.paulhardycarter.com