Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 17
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Apr 28 14:48:10 2006

Joseph,
So is there a good arbitrage shipping used HK cars somewhere that does not
devalue used so much, possibly the Philippines or South American countries?

Curious minds want to know?

As a sidelight, people wonder why Americans drive such large cars with
relatively huge engines, costs are much, much less here.  If you live in a
normal city and work for a largish company then your costs would be
Porche 911:  62000 to 85000
Insurance: 1800/yr
Gasoline/93 Octane 0.82/litre
Parking: generally free at work and home
Parking: events might vary from $5 to $10
Tolls: in Atlanta 0.50 each way on the only toll road for several hundred
miles

With costs so low compared to a lot of the world, no wonder we drive so far,
so fast(Nathan, the normal speed on Interstates in Georgia is 130-140Km/hr),
in such large vehicles.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com