Subject: [Leica] Re: Small cars
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu Apr 27 01:24:36 2006

If I can chip in my few pennies from over here...

We suffer from a similar problem to you, albeit on a smaller scale. The
problem
is the commute. Most of our domestic petrol/gasoline consumption goes on
making
commutes into large cities. One solution is obviously public transport, but
government won't invest in good enough train systems and other mass transit
systems. What we actually need to do is address the perceived need for the
commute. Today, technically we don't actually NEED a lot of the commute.
Many
people are going into cities to perform tasks that could equally well be
performed from home. With communications as they are becoming, why SHOULD we
locate businesses in the metropolises? The reasons that they were located
are
purely historical and have little to do with the way that much business is
or
could be connected today.

Peter Dzwig