Subject: [Leica] Re: SEAT car
From: gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Wed Apr 26 12:17:05 2006

In fact both the Lada and one of the Seat range started life as a Fiat
124 in Italy, and when production moved on Fiat sold the plant to both
Spain and Russia. Seat have since been acquired by the VAG and are now
VW clones but in some cases better. Russian cars have ceased on UK
roads because they cannot meet the EU emission controls (yet!). I
remember well boarding a Russian freighter here in Southampton docks,
and it was loaded with Lada cars in various guises bound for Angola
and Cuba.

Gerry